Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reading in a Tree

One day, it seemed like I had been gone a lot and then there was this gorgeously summer-like day and I was home. We just had to go to the park and spend some quality time together. Not on the playground, but have a picnic, hula hoop, or read our books in the fresh outdoors.  We found a nice accommodating evergreen. It was very much like the one just outside F. E. Warren's Base movie theater. I have very fond memories of playing in, around and on it as a child. Every child needs an evergreen fort. Something you can hide in, even while standing on the ground, under it's branches and something you can climb very easily because the branches start so low and are very numerous.  I was very surprised that my 4yo could climb the tree as easily as she did. And I even got up there just enough to take tree-loft pics on my phone.

We distracted each other to read much, but we tried. Then we all went to explore a set of storm drain tunnels. Running through them to the other side, exploring a bit, and then going back.  




















It turned out to be a very nice day. 
And so, I did what I didn't want to do, post all at once. Well, I had the chance and that's just how it goes most of the time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment